Brian took his last CPA test on the Saturday before Thanksgiving. He passed the first three with scores in the 90s and is pretty sure he did the same on this last one. Hurray! Just two more small non-stressful exams and he will officially be a CPA! I am so proud of him. Since he started studying in April, it has been really hard for all of us—especially Brian. He works all day and studies all night and weekends only seeing us for an hour or two. We are so glad that it is over and we can actually spend time together again. Brian has also done some traveling this fall—two weeks in Denver and two weeks in New Orleans. He got to see some crazy things in New Orleans since he was there over Halloween, but overall he was not impressed with the city and said he wouldn’t ever care to go there for vacation.
I’ve just been doing the mom thing—housework, play dates with friends, grocery shopping, etc. Braxton and I did go to Idaho a few times for a baby blessing and for Halloween. I am now a nursery leader in our ward, so it looks like I’ll be in nursery with Braxton for a while. I have expanded my summer stroller walking to walking/jogging on our new treadmill. We’ve had it for a little over a month and I don’t think I could ever go without it again. It feels so good to get your heart working hard and get in better shape. Also, I have started attending the cooking classes at Williams Sonoma and am expanding my cooking skills and recipes.
Braxton is getting so tall and takes life at a dead run. At his 18 month appointment, the doctor said he looked like a body builder. He is pure muscle and likes to lift up his shirt and show off his belly button. He is starting to actually talk now instead of just random words. My favorite phrases are ‘I do’, ‘Right there’, and ‘What is that?’. He also has a cheesy smile that melts your heart.
Braxton is such a good eater most of the time. He lets me know when he is hungry by grabbing my hand and dragging me to the pantry or to get a plate and fork and whine to get in his high chair. His favorite foods are sweet potatoes, squash, chicken nuggets, pizza, beans & rice, pasta, PB & Js, scrambled eggs, pretzels, frosted mini-wheat cereal, and apples. He also loves fruit smoothies. Just like his dad, he doesn’t get head freezes so he chugs smoothies if I don’t watch him too carefully.
He is as curious as a little boy can get. He is into everything all day long. He empties every drawer and cupboard in the room and tries to figure out what everything does. We’ve had to put baby locks on pretty much everything in the house since we had to call poison control three times in October—twice in one day! Luckily, with the curiosity comes this beautiful desire to help. He loves to clean up his toys, take things to the garbage or the sink, help dad with his construction projects, and organize his toys. We think he may have a touch of OCD just like both his mom and dad. He knows where everything goes and all I have to say is ‘put that back’ and he knows right where it came from. Every day, I am amazed at how smart is and how fast he learns. Here are some pictures from the last few months:
Hangin’ out at Grandma’s farm
Slick is the friendliest cow you’ll ever meet. He runs to meet you and could hurt you just trying to get petted since he weighs nearly 3000 pounds! Don’t worry, Grandma’s not too far away.
He’s as tall as Grandma
Braxton was a basketball player for Halloween
Trick or Treating with his cousin Sienna. Braxton would constantly knock on the door until someone answered, then picked up one treat and run back down the stairs. He figured this process out pretty quickly.
He LOVES to help
Belly Button
2 comments:
Braxton is getting so big! I wish we were closer so that our kids could play together. Congrats to Brian on the CPA exams!
I'm so glad Brian has finished his exams! Braxton is SO big, I haven't seen him in a while! Rachel and I have had a hard time getting together lately, but we really want to come see you this month!
Post a Comment