Monday, November 7, 2011

Music of My Life

My life is full of sounds lately.  Here are a few of the sounds that make up the music of my life:
  • Baby coos and happy squeals are just about the most beautiful noise in the world.  I am so lucky that my sweet Briella will coo and smile every time you tickle her stomach.  I could stare into her eyes and exchange smiles & coos forever.  It never gets old.
  • Little boy laughter comes in a close second.  Braxton's laugh kills me & I can't help but smile & laugh with him whenever I hear it.
  • Toddler chatter is SO funny.  I think all mothers could write books about the funny things their toddlers say.  Braxton chatters all day long to me, Briella, our cat Tasia, his toys, the TV . . .
  • Hysterical, angry screaming brings me to sobbing tears.  We've been trying to get Briella to take a bottle and she pretty much refuses.  She will scream, arch her back, and fight for more than an hour before she will fall asleep from exhaustion without taking a drop.  It reminds me of the first week of Braxton's life when he wouldn't nurse.  I become so emotional.  It is one of the hardest things about being a mom.
  • Deep flem-y coughs & sniffles break my heart.  Our whole fam is sick right now with a cold.  Braxton is the worst.  I breaks my heart to hear him coughing in the middle of the night and knowing I can't do anything to take it away.
  • Dark, suspenseful theme music draws me to the TV at nights. I just finished watching the first season of Vampire Diaries and I am surprised at how much I liked it.  I read the first book and pretty much hated it.  But, the dark almost horror genre of this series is actually surprising & refreshing in comparison to the light romance of the Twilight movies.  I can't wait to watch the second season.
  • Whining/crying from both of my children grates on my nerves like nothing else.  Whining is a natural sound from children, but lately it has been more prevalent because they aren't feeling good.  That, combined with me not having much patience because I'm not feeling good either makes for long days.
  • Singing brings joy into my life.  Braxton has started singing along with the primary songs and his voice is so precious and pure.  It makes all the hard times during the day worth it to hear him sing.
  • Any upbeat music from any show gets danced to at our house.  We love to spin and dance.  Braxton likes to spin round and round and then fall the ground in some break dance moves.  It's so funny.

1 comment:

Melissa@thebblog said...

what is with this cold thing? We all have it at our house too!! I love all your sounds - we have many of the same at our house too. :)