Wednesday, July 15, 2009

4th of July and Beyond

For the 4th, my cousin Amy and her fam came over for some pool time and a BBQ. It was Braxton’s first time in the pool and he loved it!
Braxton decided this week that he doesn't like his crib so naptime is a nightmare. But, I am not giving in--he will take his naps in the crib! It is just hard to hear him cry and have to go check on him and reassure him all the time. Hopefully he will catch on that he is there whether he cries or not and chooses to spend that time wisely. For now, he just cries and is really tired and grumpy for most of the afternoon. On the bright side, he is starting to smile big and he is really getting the Bumbo thing down.

We went to my last work summer party the other night at Seven Peaks Water Park and had a lot of fun. For some reason we didn’t take any pictures, but it was good to see some of my coworkers again. There are a few that are good friends that I know I’ll see and still talk to, but it is sad to think that that part of my life is over for now. Tuesday was my official last day and I am no longer employed at XanGo—yes, I actually cried. I have loved the job and I already miss the day to day and all my friends there.

The other night we went boating/wakeboarding with our neighbors and had so much fun. Brian actually got up for a few seconds (better than this picture—I put my camera away thinking he wasn’t getting up again. He actually fell because he was yelling at me to take a picture—oops). Braxton loved the boat and the rocking put him to sleep. Here are some pics:

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

I'm so glad you finally got Braxton a swimsuit! Now we can go to the pool more often together. He is so cute and is seriously growing up way too fast.