Anyway, here’s an update on Braxton. He is getting so much bigger—probably close to 14 lbs. He still doesn’t look like a chubby baby, but he is really solid. Every day he loves his toys a little bit more. He loves to stand on anything, smile and pull faces at me with occasional giggles, and tons of jabber. He likes to tell me what he thinks of everything—good and bad. However, every time I try to capture these moments on camera, he gets shy and just stares at this big thing in front of mommy’s face. It also doesn’t help that my camera has a 5 second delay time between the button and the picture, so I miss everything. He drools a ton and has a permanent bib on because every time we take it off, the front of his shirt gets soaked. I don’t think he is teething already, but maybe. Another new development is that he is starting to sleep 12 hours at night without waking up at all—sweet! Despite being an excellent sleeper at night, he is still struggling with naptime during the day—oh well, we can’t have everything. Here are some pictures:
As for me and Bri, Bri is getting close to finals for the summer and gets two weeks off! We are looking forward to going camping with Bri’s family and to St. George with mine to see Aida at the Tuachan Theater. Both should be HOT activities for August, especially St. George. As for my first month being officially unemployed, I am happy to say that I think I made the right decision to stay at home. I like things better every day and it is getting somewhat easier. I still miss work a lot, but it is the people I miss the most.
5 comments:
And I sure miss you! As much as I like my job, it's sure hard on Monday mornings to leave the kiddo behind.
Why don't you come and hang out at our house for a change of scenery. We'd love to have you and Braxton come play! Give us a call when you are around.
Thanks for the update! We totally miss you at XanGo. I still walk by and try to look for you.. but alas, I remember you are no longer there. :) So fun to see your little man growing up! As much as it may suck to do the same thing over and over, I hear all the sudden your little one is gone, and then you are on to Toddler stage. :) Hang in there, you are a GREAT MOM!!!
He is looking much older to me! What a little cutie though! Be glad for the 12 hours at night--especially that early on. I am jealous. As for the boredom at home...it is nice to take them to the park & do stuff, but I still feel like you do most of the time. The days are still just filled with feeding, cleaning up messes, etc. Even though Sienna is more interactive, now I can't even go to the mall because she is too crazy & restless to sit in a stoller anymore. But I know exactly where you're coming from. Unfortunately it's a sacrifice of being a mom. I know you wouldn't trade being able to be there with him & see all the funny things he does each day...and will continue to do more and more as he gets older.
Every time I see Braxton, he looks like a new baby because he is growing so fast!
Post a Comment